The Book Cricket is putting together a gluten-free vegan wholefoods cookbook, and you’re invited to pitch in! Send submissions to email@example.com before June 30, 2012.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Original, previously unpublished recipes.
- Recipes that contain no gluten or animal products of any kind.
- Whole foods recipes. Ideally, every ingredient should be a food in its natural state or as close to its natural state as possible. That said, “substitutes” like rice pasta or dairy-free margarine are sometimes par for the course. (UPDATE: By “whole foods” we primarily mean “things that are (a) food(s),” as opposed to “things that are (a) food(s) plus a bunch of weird chemicals no one can pronounce.” Feel free to consider canned beans/veggies/etc., 100% juice, and suchlike to be “whole foods.”)
- your name (since we’ll publish these with the recipes, a psuedonym or a first name and last initial are okay)
- your email address
- the recipe’s name and type of dish (appetizer, snack, drink, main course, soup, salad, side dish, dessert)
- approximately how many people the recipe serves
- a list of ingredients
- detailed instructions for preparing the recipe
If your recipe has a great tale behind it, or if you have a good “war story” about being gluten-free and/or vegan, tell us! We may include it in the cookbook.