In keeping with my New Year’s resolution to Make My Life More Efficient And Also Get My Paperwork Under Control (Ha Ha Only One Of These Things Is Going To Happen), I’ve made a few changes in order to streamline my online personae and what have you. I’ve also kept some things the same.
Here’s the (tentative) plan:
1. NOO URL. Step One in streamlining my online life: get a grown-up domain name. Thus, danialexis.wordpress.com now redirects to danialexis.net, and I’ll be updating my “about me” and portfolio and whatnot over the coming weeks.
This probably means I have to behave myself now. Hmm.
2. MOAR BLOGGINZ. My last post was a month ago, and it consisted solely of cat photos. FOR SHAME.
Going forward, my new goal is to ply you with content about three times per week – a healthy mix of book reviews, assorted commentary, and cats. There will definitely be more cats.
3. Feline Friday. I love everything about Caturday except that it requires me to work on Caturday. Therefore, I’m instituting Feline Fridays, where I’ll be featuring adorable cat photos, advice on cat whispering, stories about cats and their bookstores, and other cat-related catliness. There may even be cat contests! (Winner will not receive an actual cat.)
4. Warning: Merging Traffic. Back on that whole “streamline my life” note, I’m merging the contents of my intersectional-lit-crit blog, Dermatographia, with this one. It’s a good idea, but let’s face it: I have, to date, not done so well running one blog, let alone two. The Dermatographia posts are still mostly about books, but there’s some social-justice-y musing in there as well, and they may require some heavier intellectual lifting than my usual snark. Or, you know, not.
Some things I promise not to change, or to change only in the way they ought to be changed, as arbitrarily determined by me:
1. Liveblogging Atlas Shrugged. This project fell by the wayside after I began feeling profoundly sorry for the book. Seriously. I’m pretty sure that Atlas Shrugged almost never gets invited to parties, and when it does, it’s only so the other novels can listen to its absurd pronouncements and then gossip and giggle behind its back cover. (Novels are real jerks sometimes.) But I’ll get back to this before the week is out.
2. Book reviews. I still accept books for review, per the guidelines above, which are also staying the same. I also plan to chatter more about whatever it is I’m currently reading. Only in 2013 I plan to produce MOAR CHATTER, because #2 above.
3. Cat photos. Because cats.
4. Intersectionally feministy book musings, which are new to the book blog but old hat for the Dermatographia crew (see #4 above). I’d promise not to get too political, but that’s what the personal is in this business, yes? So instead I’ll just promise not to hiss at you from the closet.