About the Blog
Freelance writing advice, book reviews, satirical history, biblio-geekery, literary criticism, social justice commentary, cats, and assorted silliness.
I am a graduate student in literature, a freelance writer, an unabashed feminist, and a personal assistant to two extremely spoiled cats.
I got a law degree once. It didn't take.
- Photo: Rough day. Time to relax in our favorite sink. tmblr.co/ZI4ARxnl2MoH 4 hours ago
- We are in our new house and I am exhausted. But 'tis lovely. 6 hours ago
- Photo: She tipped this box over and created a shrine to herself. #sillycat tmblr.co/ZI4ARxneBdmw 1 day ago
- Photo: As I was petting him just now I realized this is no longer baby fluff; it’s a grownup cat coat. But... tmblr.co/ZI4ARxnYmgjE 2 days ago
- Photo: He’s helping. tmblr.co/ZI4ARxnVbzCB 3 days ago
Category Archives: book reviews
A helpful local billboard has informed me that Les Miserables, the touring stage production, will be in town soon (or has already been in town – I forget). My first thought: “Ugh, didn’t I just see that?” I did. And whatever … Continue reading
In reverse chronological order, roughly; not necessarily the order in which I endorse them. 1. BYE, MZUNGU! by Janice Ellen Lever. Lever’s memoir of her eighteen years running a kindergarten in Uganda is funny, adventurous, sweet, and absorbing all at … Continue reading
You wouldn’t know it from my dearth of published works the past few months, but I write. A lot. Not just blog-writing or work-writing, either; I do a fair bit of creative writing. And you’d think after so many years … Continue reading