About the Blog
Freelance writing advice, book reviews, satirical history, biblio-geekery, literary criticism, social justice commentary, cats, and assorted silliness.
I am a graduate student in literature, a freelance writer, an unabashed feminist, and a personal assistant to two extremely spoiled cats.
I got a law degree once. It didn't take.
- amanga asked: hey!!! didn't you have a bunch of really great informational resources and stuff on your blog... tmblr.co/ZI4ARx10lHUBP 2 hours ago
- Recommended Reading - For anyone who is interested in reading current novels with autistic main characters,... tmblr.co/ZI4ARx10f-jSw 23 hours ago
- Carthage - I feel a critical analysis of Joyce Carol Oates’s new novel coming on…. tmblr.co/ZI4ARx10f_8u7 23 hours ago
- pyrrha-nyktipolos: taylorswifthecreator: In a sense gossip rags are a form of media that requires a... tmblr.co/ZI4ARx10XTCyR 2 days ago
- "I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again: You want to see a death panel, Mr. Halperin? I’ll show you a..." tmblr.co/ZI4ARx10X9sxQ 2 days ago
Category Archives: books for cheap
(Part I is here.) Last time in “Collecting Girl Scout Handbooks,” I covered the books published from the origins of Girl Scouting in the U.S. until 1947 – a period of only 35 years. This post will cover the years … Continue reading
I wasn’t raised Amish, but I was raised in a truck-farming community where using stuff up, making do, and squeezing the best value out of every penny were not just major values, but a way of life necessitated by the … Continue reading