About the Blog
Freelance writing advice, book reviews, satirical history, biblio-geekery, literary criticism, social justice commentary, cats, and assorted silliness.
I am a graduate student in literature, a freelance writer, an unabashed feminist, and a personal assistant to two extremely spoiled cats.
I got a law degree once. It didn't take.
- Photo: lagertha-lodbrok: missgingerlee: shamaninasuit: Please help! Richmond, VA, 23235 This is my cat... tmblr.co/ZI4ARxlm7V2T 1 hour ago
- Photo: The humans have ice cream and won’t share. Boo. #cats #cute tmblr.co/ZI4ARxlm14-F 1 hour ago
- "In this country American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate." - Toni Morrison (via uglygirlsclub) tmblr.co/ZI4ARxlkhOGN 7 hours ago
- Video: So Hampton Williams’s audition last year made me cry all by itself. @He came back to audition for... tmblr.co/ZI4ARxljsIUI 11 hours ago
- Photo: FEETIES. tmblr.co/ZI4ARxljnTJ8 11 hours ago
Category Archives: books for cheap
(Part I is here.) Last time in “Collecting Girl Scout Handbooks,” I covered the books published from the origins of Girl Scouting in the U.S. until 1947 – a period of only 35 years. This post will cover the years … Continue reading
I wasn’t raised Amish, but I was raised in a truck-farming community where using stuff up, making do, and squeezing the best value out of every penny were not just major values, but a way of life necessitated by the … Continue reading