About the Blog
Freelance writing advice, book reviews, satirical history, biblio-geekery, literary criticism, social justice commentary, cats, and assorted silliness.
I am a graduate student in literature, a freelance writer, an unabashed feminist, and a personal assistant to two extremely spoiled cats.
I got a law degree once. It didn't take.
- Photo: lagertha-lodbrok: missgingerlee: shamaninasuit: Please help! Richmond, VA, 23235 This is my cat... tmblr.co/ZI4ARxlm7V2T 10 hours ago
- Photo: The humans have ice cream and won’t share. Boo. #cats #cute tmblr.co/ZI4ARxlm14-F 11 hours ago
- "In this country American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate." - Toni Morrison (via uglygirlsclub) tmblr.co/ZI4ARxlkhOGN 16 hours ago
- Video: So Hampton Williams’s audition last year made me cry all by itself. @He came back to audition for... tmblr.co/ZI4ARxljsIUI 20 hours ago
- Photo: FEETIES. tmblr.co/ZI4ARxljnTJ8 20 hours ago
Category Archives: social justice
In my tenth grade history class, we spent approximately three days on the Depression (1929-1941ish). And we learned the following things: The Depression was very depressing! Everything was sepia-toned and ill-fitting, one-shouldered overalls were the national uniform. No one in … Continue reading →
I’m a figure skater. I’m what U.S. Figure Skating calls an “adult skater,” which means I took to the ice after my chances at Olympic glory had passed but before I was technially dead. It’s a trait I share with … Continue reading →
By which, of course, I’m referring to the dismal decision to cast some random black cat as Buttercup, instead of the adorable, sweet, innocent yellow tabby I totally pictured him as. Why did the producers have to make all the … Continue reading →