About the Blog
Freelance writing advice, book reviews, satirical history, biblio-geekery, literary criticism, social justice commentary, cats, and assorted silliness.
I am a graduate student in literature, a freelance writer, an unabashed feminist, and a personal assistant to two extremely spoiled cats.
I got a law degree once. It didn't take.
- RT @sarahkendzior: Gillian Flynn's "Gone Girl" is the only novel I've read that captures the new economy. What am I missing? 3 hours ago
- Tell Me About Your Favorite Hot-Beverage Conveyance - I need a new coffee mug/thermos/hot beverage... tmblr.co/ZI4ARxlpEAz- 7 hours ago
- Photoset: showslow: Ideal Bookshelves, Jane Mount I love this. So beautiful. tmblr.co/ZI4ARxlp0rTC 7 hours ago
- Cats - Every post on the first page of my Tumblr is currently cats. Except this one. (CATS) tmblr.co/ZI4ARxlo9n_j 11 hours ago
- Photo: Sunny Saturday windows are the best. tmblr.co/ZI4ARxlnttn4 12 hours ago
Tag Archives: book reviews
It’s been hard to get back to Atlas Shrugged, because I’m really starting to feel badly for it. Socially, I mean. It’s like that incredibly awkward acquaintance that you never really want to invite to parties, but he lives just … Continue reading
In reverse chronological order, roughly; not necessarily the order in which I endorse them. 1. BYE, MZUNGU! by Janice Ellen Lever. Lever’s memoir of her eighteen years running a kindergarten in Uganda is funny, adventurous, sweet, and absorbing all at … Continue reading