About the Blog
Freelance writing advice, book reviews, satirical history, biblio-geekery, literary criticism, social justice commentary, cats, and assorted silliness.
I am a graduate student in literature, a freelance writer, an unabashed feminist, and a personal assistant to two extremely spoiled cats.
I got a law degree once. It didn't take.
- Cats - Every post on the first page of my Tumblr is currently cats. Except this one. (CATS) tmblr.co/ZI4ARxlo9n_j 2 hours ago
- Photo: Sunny Saturday windows are the best. tmblr.co/ZI4ARxlnttn4 4 hours ago
- I'm not a big fan of avocados, but you don't see me lobbying to ban them. thinkprogress.org/health/2013/05… 4 hours ago
- Photo: lagertha-lodbrok: missgingerlee: shamaninasuit: Please help! Richmond, VA, 23235 This is my cat... tmblr.co/ZI4ARxlm7V2T 15 hours ago
- Photo: The humans have ice cream and won’t share. Boo. #cats #cute tmblr.co/ZI4ARxlm14-F 15 hours ago
Tag Archives: fiction
In reverse chronological order, roughly; not necessarily the order in which I endorse them. 1. BYE, MZUNGU! by Janice Ellen Lever. Lever’s memoir of her eighteen years running a kindergarten in Uganda is funny, adventurous, sweet, and absorbing all at … Continue reading
Dear Teen Me, A few days before your 30th birthday, you’ll get an e-mail from the folks at Zest Books, asking you to review – and blog about – their upcoming collection of letters from YA authors to their teenage … Continue reading
NPR’s recent Best YA Fiction Poll recently produced a list of 100 winners that has everyone talking – mostly, about what’s not on it. NPR explains that best-beloved classics like A Wrinkle in Time and Are You There, God? It’s Me, Margaret didn’t make … Continue reading