About the Blog
Freelance writing advice, book reviews, satirical history, biblio-geekery, literary criticism, social justice commentary, cats, and assorted silliness.
I am a graduate student in literature, a freelance writer, an unabashed feminist, and a personal assistant to two extremely spoiled cats.
I got a law degree once. It didn't take.
- But my husband did make amazing gumbo-stuffed mushrooms tonight. So there's that. 1 day ago
- I am out of chocolate. And backup chocolate. And ice cream with chocolate. And baking cocoa. What an awful spring break. 1 day ago
- I'd forgotten that Shakespeare's first 15 sonnets win at childfree bingo. *Elizabethan eyeroll* 1 day ago
- Would you like some sonnets with your commentary? (Sonnets are above the pencil, commentary below.) instagram.com/p/lLJVfPLRDD/ 1 day ago
- RT @thinkingautism: "Sometimes I see people use high functioning as a badge of honor, like they’ve won the #autism game." @aspiemusings htt… 1 day ago
Tag Archives: gifted readers
In my recent post on what we talk about when we talk about “inappropriate” books for kids, I discussed how a book’s treatment of a particular topic is the key to whether or not it is “appropriate” for a certain … Continue reading