About the Blog
Freelance writing advice, book reviews, satirical history, biblio-geekery, literary criticism, social justice commentary, cats, and assorted silliness.
I am a graduate student in literature, a freelance writer, an unabashed feminist, and a personal assistant to two extremely spoiled cats.
I got a law degree once. It didn't take.
- Photo: lagertha-lodbrok: missgingerlee: shamaninasuit: Please help! Richmond, VA, 23235 This is my cat... tmblr.co/ZI4ARxlm7V2T 5 hours ago
- Photo: The humans have ice cream and won’t share. Boo. #cats #cute tmblr.co/ZI4ARxlm14-F 5 hours ago
- "In this country American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate." - Toni Morrison (via uglygirlsclub) tmblr.co/ZI4ARxlkhOGN 11 hours ago
- Video: So Hampton Williams’s audition last year made me cry all by itself. @He came back to audition for... tmblr.co/ZI4ARxljsIUI 15 hours ago
- Photo: FEETIES. tmblr.co/ZI4ARxljnTJ8 15 hours ago
Tag Archives: history
In my tenth grade history class, we spent approximately three days on the Depression (1929-1941ish). And we learned the following things: The Depression was very depressing! Everything was sepia-toned and ill-fitting, one-shouldered overalls were the national uniform. No one in … Continue reading →
I can’t complain. I said I wanted to work with books for a living, right? So who wants to be first to say “be careful what you wish for” or possibly “I told you so”? I am being eaten by … Continue reading →