About the Blog
Freelance writing advice, book reviews, satirical history, biblio-geekery, literary criticism, social justice commentary, cats, and assorted silliness.
I am a graduate student in literature, a freelance writer, an unabashed feminist, and a personal assistant to two extremely spoiled cats.
I got a law degree once. It didn't take.
- Photoset: showslow: Ideal Bookshelves, Jane Mount I love this. So beautiful. tmblr.co/ZI4ARxlp0rTC 1 hour ago
- Cats - Every post on the first page of my Tumblr is currently cats. Except this one. (CATS) tmblr.co/ZI4ARxlo9n_j 4 hours ago
- Photo: Sunny Saturday windows are the best. tmblr.co/ZI4ARxlnttn4 6 hours ago
- I'm not a big fan of avocados, but you don't see me lobbying to ban them. thinkprogress.org/health/2013/05… 6 hours ago
- Photo: lagertha-lodbrok: missgingerlee: shamaninasuit: Please help! Richmond, VA, 23235 This is my cat... tmblr.co/ZI4ARxlm7V2T 17 hours ago
Tag Archives: literature
Quiz: Dickens or Bulwer-Lytton? Charles Dickens is generally touted as one of the English language’s best writers. Bulwer-Lytton is generally touted as so bad that he actually has a terrible first line contest named for him. Yet when passages … Continue reading
Idaho’s very own state Senator John Goedde has introduced a bill that would mandate the teaching of Atlas Shrugged in all Idaho public high schools. Yes, mandate. By state law. In public schools. Atlas Shrugged. MEEP MEEP DANGER IRONY OVERLOAD Even … Continue reading
NPR’s recent Best YA Fiction Poll recently produced a list of 100 winners that has everyone talking – mostly, about what’s not on it. NPR explains that best-beloved classics like A Wrinkle in Time and Are You There, God? It’s Me, Margaret didn’t make … Continue reading