About the Blog
Freelance writing advice, book reviews, satirical history, biblio-geekery, literary criticism, social justice commentary, cats, and assorted silliness.
I am a graduate student in literature, a freelance writer, an unabashed feminist, and a personal assistant to two extremely spoiled cats.
I got a law degree once. It didn't take.
- 102 Snarky Things About Me - So I love these question-answery things, even though I’m clearly no longer in... tmblr.co/ZI4ARxlTdCIm 2 hours ago
- Star Trek Into Darkness: The Spoiler FAQ - drst: After making a mere $84 million at the U.S. box office,... tmblr.co/ZI4ARxlT7WfM 4 hours ago
- thespoonfairy: instead of people saying, “have you tried —” or “you should try—” i’d like people to say “i’m... tmblr.co/ZI4ARxlT2rfG 4 hours ago
- Social Justice Theory Has Totally Destroyed Star Trek for Me - And by “destroyed,” I mean “made the subject... tmblr.co/ZI4ARxlSXQz- 6 hours ago
- Me: "Dang, loading Tumblr eats a lot of data. All those gifs." The Husband: "I thought Tumblr was nothing *but* gifs." #prettymuchyeah 6 hours ago
Tag Archives: welfare
In my tenth grade history class, we spent approximately three days on the Depression (1929-1941ish). And we learned the following things: The Depression was very depressing! Everything was sepia-toned and ill-fitting, one-shouldered overalls were the national uniform. No one in … Continue reading →