About the Blog
Freelance writing advice, book reviews, satirical history, biblio-geekery, literary criticism, social justice commentary, cats, and assorted silliness.
I am a graduate student in literature, a freelance writer, an unabashed feminist, and a personal assistant to two extremely spoiled cats.
I got a law degree once. It didn't take.
- Reblog this if its okay for your followers to introduce themselves to you. tmblr.co/ZI4ARxla4-CU 4 hours ago
- Why aren't more people freaking out about the new Venezuelan labor law? - hellraiser-blog:... tmblr.co/ZI4ARxla2q3Y 4 hours ago
- My mother taught me the fine art of ushering people off the phone. It does not work on my mother. 4 hours ago
- I bet gin would be intolerable in this. I also bet I would not care, because gin. 18 hours ago
- Poured myself a glass of orange Faygo because it sounded good. It is not good. But I can't stop drinking it. Body, you are weird. 18 hours ago
Tag Archives: writing
I’ve been freelancing full-time for a little better than three years now, and there are things about it I love much more than I loved the 8-to-5 – but there are also things I hate much more than I hated … Continue reading
You wouldn’t know it from my dearth of published works the past few months, but I write. A lot. Not just blog-writing or work-writing, either; I do a fair bit of creative writing. And you’d think after so many years … Continue reading
How to Write an Ad for a Freelance Writer (and Get Responses From Writers You Actually Want to Hire)
I’m a freelance writer who hates and fears cold-calling with the fiery passion of a thousand suns (who isn’t)? I do it, but I also spend a great deal of time answering ads for freelance writers on Craigslist and … Continue reading