About the Blog
Freelance writing advice, book reviews, satirical history, biblio-geekery, literary criticism, social justice commentary, cats, and assorted silliness.
I am a graduate student in literature, a freelance writer, an unabashed feminist, and a personal assistant to two extremely spoiled cats.
I got a law degree once. It didn't take.
- The Cat: *nudge* Me: "Do you need love?" The Cat: *nudge* The Cat: *nudge* The Cat: *nudge* Cat needs love. 7 hours ago
- Calling Attention to the Bias Against Roma - countingmyfeathers: big-gadje-world: golden-zephyr:... tmblr.co/ZI4ARxlfbQ_4 7 hours ago
- Why Do I Teach? - We should judge teaching not by the amount of knowledge it passes on, but by the enduring... tmblr.co/ZI4ARxlemyq4 11 hours ago
- TumblrBot - TumblrBot: WAY better at suggesting things I might like than Facebook. tmblr.co/ZI4ARxldei8L 20 hours ago
- Just found a house in town for grad school. YAY! 1 day ago
Tag Archives: YA fiction
Dear Teen Me, A few days before your 30th birthday, you’ll get an e-mail from the folks at Zest Books, asking you to review – and blog about – their upcoming collection of letters from YA authors to their teenage … Continue reading
NPR’s recent Best YA Fiction Poll recently produced a list of 100 winners that has everyone talking – mostly, about what’s not on it. NPR explains that best-beloved classics like A Wrinkle in Time and Are You There, God? It’s Me, Margaret didn’t make … Continue reading