Dani Alexis is a freelance writer specializing in ghostwriting, product and book reviews, and law firm marketing. She earned her M.A. in English Rhetoric and Composition from Western Michigan University in 2015, her J.D. from the University of Michigan Law School in 2007 and her B.A. in English, summa cum laude, in 2004.
Dani Alexis is a member of the Modern Language Association, the Society for Disability Studies, Scribes: the American Society of Legal Writers, and the State Bar of Michigan.
Download my CV here.
- “Neurodiversity’s Lingua Franca?”: The Wild Iris, Autobiography of Red, and The Breakdown of Cognitive Barriers Through Poetic Language.” The Hilltop Review (2014).
Copy Writing, Web Content, and Marketing (General)
- Web Copy: KBA Jobs, Shuart & Associates
- Marketing Blogs: Gecko Hospitality, TERRA Staffing Group
- Article copy: Get Hired!
Law Firms and Legal Marketing
- Law Firm Blogs: criminal defense, personal injury (links open at law firms’ sites)
- Web Content: Online Legal Library, Rottenstein Law Group
- Information: Indiana Auto Insurance, Nolo, 2012
- E-books: Key Medical Evidence Used to Win Personal Injury Case Settlements, Shapiro, Cooper, Lewis & Anderson, 2010
- Research: summaries of SEC actions, January 2011
Literature, Language, and History Education
- Assessment Writing: Sample Questions based on “Multiculturalism,” keyed to Bloom’s Taxonomy, grades 9-12
- Study Guides: The Secret Garden , Wuthering Heights
- Test Prep: California Subject Examinations for Teachers, English (Texts)
- Curriculum Development: Understanding the Common Core State Standards for Language, Grades 11-12, Shmoop, 2011
- Biographies: Amelia Earhart, Eleanor Roosevelt, About.com Guide to 20th Century U.S. History, 2012
- Shelf Awareness: Browse All (link opens at Shelf-Awareness.com)
- Kirkus Indie: How to Die in Paris, by Naturi Thomas (unpublished)
- The Book Cricket: Five Reasons Cat Girl’s Day Off Should Be a Movie, Too, Expecting
Politics, Humor, Short Stories
- “What We’re Not Talking About When We Talk About Guns and Rape.” Alas! A Blog, March 2013
- “What We Talk About When We Talk about ‘Inappropriate’ Books for Kids.” The Book Cricket, January 2012
- “April: Autism Awareness Month.” Wicked Women Magazine, April 2011
- “#MooreandMe and Rape Apologia.” Wicked Women Magazine, December 2010
- “A Fish Out of Water.” All Things Girl, November 2010 (short story)
- “Prikaza.” Expanded Horizons, November 2009 (short story)
- “Treehorn Syndrome.” Shapely Prose, February 2008 (guest post)
- The Perpetual Post – politics and humor (browse all)